The Role of Two-Way Radio Systems in the Agriculture Industry
The ability to communicate and assess real-time information is invaluable in the agriculture industry. With so many variables that affect competitiveness and the viability of the business, there is no room for slack. TeamConnect on Motorola TRBO two-way radio systems are the agriculture industry’s communication solution.
Benefits of Two-Way Radios in Agriculture
As convenient as smartphones may be in urban and suburban areas, they are not always the optimal mode of communication for agricultural settings, which may span dozens of acres.
- In many cases, farmland is situated where wide area coverage is necessary. Moreover, long-range two-way radios are more effective when crops, vineyards, or may be acres apart.
- Loud machinery calls for a rugged device. Two-way radios are designed for a rough environment and provide clear audio.
- Farm operations don't break for harsh weather, which can be hot and blazing or downright torrential. Two-way radios for farm use are durable and designed to withstand rainy weather, or powerful sprinkler and irrigation systems, not to mention, drops and vibrations from machinery.
- It goes without saying the typical workday on a farm is not your average eight-hour day. Farm communication equipment with the latest technology has enough battery power to last from sunrise to sunset, without cutting out.
Safety First with Immediate Response and DOT Compliance
When working with heavy farm equipment in what are often remote areas, immediate and clear long-range communication is crucial.
- If you are dealing with a matter of human or animal health, chemical spills, or any other type of urgency, any delay in dispatch response, deployment of emergency resources and procedures, or notification of key personnel could have serious ramifications.
- Unlike cellular phones, two-way radios are DOT-compliant, reducing the risk of distraction when operating machineries such as tractors, plows, pickers, and mowers. You want to make sure that your farm hands and employees work under safe conditions. Take advantage of one-touch mobile radios with secure mounting systems.
Getting the Best Yield, Business-Wise
Knowledge is power, even in the commercial farming industry. Having accurate data is the first step towards building time-efficient business practices while being cost-efficient.
- Instant group communication means you can provide updates to all team members simultaneously, and make sure the right hand and left hand are working together cohesively. You can avoid the confusion and aggravation of trying to reach different personnel and repeat instructions.
- With the capability for workforce tracking, you can receive real-time information about arrival and departure times of produce, livestock, fertilizer, and more. That means you can effectively manage deliveries, coordinate schedules, and ensure peak worker productivity.
- Knowing when machines have experienced downtime and idling will help you control your bottom line and expenses. After all, excessive downtime can complicate carefully crafted schedules and procedures, especially if there are a number of operations running concurrently.
Make the Best Connection with TeamConnect
With reliable TeamConnect two-way radios, not only can you better manage your agricultural operations, but you and your organization are better placed for success and growth. Safe, reliable, and dependable, TeamConnect radio systems will be a powerful asset for years to come.